Monroe Dispatch - No Struggle, No Progress

House Fire Injures Couple

 

March 18, 2021

Carver St. house fire, March 2021

Carver St. house fire, Wednesday, March 10, 2021.

A late morning house fire left an elderly couple with serious injuries on Wednesday, March 10, 2021 in Monroe. The fire occurred at their residence on Carver Street, but the occupants were able to get out of the house. The house had extensive damage because the fire, according to the Monroe Fire Department, was likely attributed to faulty wiring. The couple was identified as Tommy Lofton and his wife Eloise, according to Lofton's niece Johnnie Thomas.

Though emergency personnel arrived at the Carver Street address within minutes, Lofton and his wife had to receive emergency treatment. The...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021